Gimpy Gimpy is the most painfully poisonous plant in the world

There is a plant whose leaves are covered with a toxin so painful it can drive people to commit suicide. The pain was described as “being sprayed with acid and electrocuted at the same time”.

It’s been known to drive even animals into killing themselves. The leaves of the flower are covered with tiny hair that can penetrate skin and inject this highly painful toxin. The pain is worst for first two days, it lessens with time, but can last for even upto years depending on how much toxin was released.

This plant has many names like – stinging brush, mulberry-leaved stinger, gympie, gympie stinger, stinger, the suicide plant, or moonlighter.

Regardless of the painful sting, some marsupial species of Australia have adapted to it and can eat the plant.

Leave a comment